1) Sixty islands make up the British Virgin Islands, with Tortola being the largest. What is the name of the capital of the BVI?
2) Which island has been the backdrop for several films, including Doctor Dolittle (1967), Superman II (1980) and Water (1985)?
3) What two islands were the Pirates of the Caribbean filmed on?
4) Which Caribbean island is shaped like a butterfly?
5) On which island will you find a 17 mile pink sand beach?
6) Which island still has an active volcano?
7) Which island is shared by both the Dutch and French?
8)Which island was the most heavily fortified of any of the Caribbean islands?
9) Unlike the other islands, where many of the residents are descendants of slave, which island's descendants are from Norman and Breton settlers?
10) During the 17th and 18th Century, which island was known as the, "Golden Rock" because it was the international trading center for the western hemisphere?
11) What Caribbean island is nicknamed, "The Spice Island"?
12) Unlike many islands that have gained their independence, which island has remained a department of France?
13) Which island hosted the 2007 World Cricket Cup?
14) Which island's village, The Bottom, is actually located over 820' above sea level?
15) Where are the Spanish Virgin Islands located?
Answers: 1) Road Town;2) St. Lucia;3) St. Vincent & The Grenadines and Dominica;4) Guadeloupe; 5) Barbuda;6) Montserrat; 7) St. Maarten/St. Martin;8)Antigua;9) St. Barth;10)Statia;11)Grenada;12)Martinique;13)St. Kitts;14)Saba;15) Offshore of Puerto Rico
If you answered most of these correctly, you love to charter. If you missed most of them, you are missing a whole new world out there waiting for you to discover! Make 2010 the year you expand your horizons! - Donna
Click for more information on BVI Yacht Charters.